Welcome to the course on Discipleship and Fathering. This course is designed to encourage you to join the mandate from Jesus to make disciples today.
Within this course, you will learn:
- the New Testament model of disciple-making;
- Jesus’s (and his followers’) keys of training mature followers and sons; and
- practical guidelines and principles for discipling and fathering.
The course has 10 lessons with a video and short quiz after each lesson to help you process the truths taught.
Make sure you check out our Discipleship and Fathering group to interact with PI trainers and other students as we walk on this journey together.
1. Before you begin, make sure you download the manual in the Lesson 1 Introduction section.
2. Take a moment to pray before you begin Lesson 1. Ask the Lord to prepare your heart for what He has for you. We believe you will not only be gaining knowledge as you study this course, but you will also receive a heart transformation.
3. Are you ready? Have you prayed for an open heart? Don’t forget to download the manual from the Lesson 1 Introduction page before you start the course.
Your instructors for this course:
Drew Brown is the PI School Coordinator. He has worked full-time with PI since 2005 and has developed many of the courses alongside Randy. Drew is a wonderful teacher who will help stretch what you know in order to grasp what God has for you within your Kingdom influence.
Callie Boyd is the wife of Randy Boyd, the Executive Director of Prepare International. Callie is the ‘mom’ of PI as well as the Family and Prayer Director. She teaches using stories, experiences and humor to unfold scripture as she imparts the Kingdom. She graduated TTU with a specialization in Child Development and has since ministered as a children’s pastor, been a teacher, developed the PrayGroud curriculum and raised three children that are passionate about Jesus.
Josiah Boyd is the Communications and Central European Director for PI. Josiah and his wife, Brandi, live in Poland. Josiah is the son of Randy and Callie and has been working with his father for many years as well as within a church setting. Josiah is an amazing teacher who brings new perspectives to this course.
Throughout this course you will have access to the course group where you can discuss this lesson and topics from this course with other students and the course instructors. Visit the Discipleship and Fathering course discussion group to dive deeper into this course.